- Introduction to HPC clusters
- UNIX Introduction
- HPC Class
- Condo 2017
- Who Can Use Condo
- Access and Login
- Managing jobs using Slurm Workload Manager
- Slurm Job Script Generator for Condo
- Queue Configuration
- Job accounting
- Using MPI
- Using OpenMP or Auto-parallelism
- Compiler Options
- SMRTLINK on Condo
- File Transfers
- Cloud Back-up with Rclone
- Globus Connect
- Sample Job Scripts
- Using DDT Parallel Debugger, MAP profiler and Performance Reports
- Using Matlab Parallel Server
- Using ANSYS RSM
- Nova OnDemand
- Using Julia
- LAS Machine Learning Container
- Support & Contacts
- Systems & Equipment
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Cluster Access Request
Google Auth on Android
To use Google Authenticator on your Android device, it must be running Android version 2.1 or later.
Downloading the app
Visit Google Play.
Search for Google Authenticator.
Download and install the application.
Setting up the app
After you attempt to login to ISU clusters (Nova, Condo or CyEnce) for the first time, a GA account will be created for you and you will receive an email containing code that should be used to initialize GA on your mobile device.
If you have already had GA installed and initialized but now need to either re-install GA or install it on a new device, and if you saved your SMS phone number in the system, you can reset GA account by going to https://hpc-ga1.its.iastate.edu/reset. After resetting GA account you will receive an email containing code that should be used to initialize GA on your mobile device.
On your Android device, open the Google Authenticator application.
If this is the first time you have used Authenticator, click the Add an account button. If you are adding a new account, choose "Add an account" from the app's menu.
There are two ways to link your device to your account. Using QR code is easier but requires a barcode scanner which you can install if you don't have it yet (Google Authenticator app will prompt you to install it). An alternative would be to use the Google Authenticator code listed in the second line of the above page.
- To link your phone to your account:
- Using QR code: Select Scan account barcode (label 1a). If the Authenticator app cannot locate a barcode scanner app on your phone, you might be prompted to download and install one. If you want to install a barcode scanner app so you can complete the setup process, press Install (label 2a) then go through the installation process. Once the app is installed, reopen Google Authenticator, point your camera at the QR code in your email.
- Using Google Authenticator code: Select Manually add account (label 1b), then Enter account name, which is <your username>@ ISUHPCClusters (label 2b). Next, enter the Google Authenticator code on your computer screen into the box under Enter key (label 2c). Make sure you've chosen to make the key Time based(label 2d) and press "Save."
To verify the application is working correctly, ssh to condo2017.its.iastate.edu
Enter the verification code currently displayed in google authenticator
Enter your NetID password
If your code is correct, you will be connected to Condo Cluster. If your code is incorrect, try generating a new verification code on your phone, then entering it on your computer. If you're still having trouble, you might want to verify that the time on your phone is correct or read about common issues.
When logged in, save an SMS phone number in the system by issuing phone-collect.sh if you have not done so earlier.