CYBERINFRASTRUCTURE RESEARCH 4 SOCIAL CHANGE for Undergraduate students June 6 - August 8, 2020
June 6 - August 8, 2020
The Cyberinfrastructure (CI) Research for Social Change Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) at TACC is actively engaging 10 undergraduate students each summer for nine-weeks in solving real-world problems of national relevance, teaching them to not only be critical thinkers, but to be creative and reflective as well.
Students gain skills in advanced programming and problem solving and use the CI to conduct cutting-edge research in engineering, science, and computational medicine. Research projects emphasize advanced computing as a tool to power discoveries that will impact social change for future generations.
The enriching and transformative experience at a world-class supercomputing center includes:
- Training in High Performance Computing (HPC), visualization, and data intensive computing
- Mentoring by researchers at The University of Texas at Austin
- Social and team-building activities on The University of Texas at Austin campus
- Professional development and graduate school preparation
- Leadership development opportunities to develop and enhance communication skills
- Poster presentation, technical report, and publication opportunities
Participants will receive a stipend, housing (and meal card) at The University of Texas at Austin, and travel arranged by TACC. Additionally, travel grants to present research at an annual conference will be available to selected participants.
APPLICATION & SELECTION
The application period for Summer 2020 is November 1 - March 1, 2020.
- Complete the application before March 1, 2020, 11:59pm CST.
- Send an unofficial transcript to CIR4SC@tacc.utexas.edu. Selected participants will be required to submit an official transcript.
- Secure commitment from two recommenders. These individuals should know your academic abilities and work ethic. At least one recommender should be college/university faculty. It is your responsibility to ask recommenders to complete the recommendation form by the March 1st application deadline.
Notifications of acceptance for Summer 2020: Rolling until March 15.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States; be and remain an undergraduate student in good standing; plan to complete an undergraduate degree program. Selected participants must be 18 years of age at the start of the program.
Marques Bland, REU Recruitment Coordinator: email@example.com.