HPC HELP Workshop with Free pizza lunch on February 7, 12:30-4:00
HPC HELP Workshop. (Free pizza lunch.) Wednesday, February 7, 12:30-4:00, 206 Durham. Taught by Professor Glenn Luecke. Must register by Tuesday February 6 by 12:00 noon to attend. To register, go to https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1ZdWlJOpNWCFk7b
The HPC HELP Workshops provide training in how to use Condo and CyEnce and one-on-one help to those using these clusters. In addition to help with running applications using the Slurm job scheduler, the following are some examples of the help provided:
- Logging onto a machine and setting up work and temporary directories.
- Using xterm to allow the use of performance and debugging tools.
- Copying files from external machines to ITS machines using the data transfer node.
- How to run parallel jobs using MPI and OpenMP.
- Porting applications to one of the clusters.
- Installation of software.
- Debugging programs using Allinea’s DDT debugger.
- Optimizing programs using Allinea’s Performance Reports and MAP.
- Must have an account on CyEnce, Condo or the Student Cluster.
- Bring your laptop.
- Attendance is limited to 45 due to the size of 206 Durham.
- Registration is required.